Sunday, April 1, 2012

Healthy peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins


This is a recipe I got from a friend a while ago, but over time I have made it healthier.  One time I made them, I forgot the sugar and they still tasted great (because of the bananas).  Then the next time, I intentionally left out the sugar but forgot the oil and they still tasted great.  My kids love these, so I make a double batch and freeze them, pulling them out for healthy snacks.  Now I use freshly ground soft white wheat flour since I just got a wheat grinder for Christmas so you really can't get any healthier than this for a muffin!

Healthy peanut butter, banana, chocolate chip muffins
Ingredients
1 C. flour
¾ c. oats
1 TBS baking powder
1 c. milk
½ c natural peanut butter
2 medium over-ripe bananas
1 egg, beaten
1 TBS applesauce
½ TBS oil
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375. 
Combine flour, oats and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, beat milk, peanut butter, bananas, egg, oil and vanilla. 
Combine all ingredients, mixing just until moistened.  Fill muffin cups and add 5 chocolate chips to each muffin, and gently press them down into the batter.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  (mini muffins only get 1 chocolate chip each and bake for 9 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly