Friday, February 17, 2012

Healthier Strawberry spinach salad

I have had Strawberry spinach salad at various events and it always tastes delicious, however I know that it is not good for me!

yes, the Strawberries and the spinach and almonds are all individually good for me, but I can tell it has so much sugar in it that it is almost like eating a dessert than a healthy salad.

I shouldn't have to feel guilty eating a salad, so here is my version of a low-sugar strawberry spinach salad dressing:

6-8 strawberries
3/4 c oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 TBS agave syrup
2 TBS polaner all fruit jam
2 tsp sucanat, or regular white sugar (although I probably would have liked it without this extra sugar, I realize that most people are used to sweeter dressings for a fruity salad)

blend in a blender

for the almonds, I toast them for about 3 minutes and then drizzle a small amount of agave syrup and sprinkle with a little salt and mix together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly