Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All Natural Fruit and Veggie Smoothie


DSC09986

 This is one of our new favorite times of the day ever since we got our Ninja blender.

This is an all-natural sugar-free smoothie, and you would never know there are veggies in it.

I wait for bananas to get nice and ripe, peel them and cut them in half and then freeze them.

$5.00 for ALL of these this week!!
I have been getting strawberries at the local flea market for $5.00-$15.00/flat (8-12 boxes of strawberries), depending on the week!!! I used to think Aldi had a good price, but now I’ve been spoiled by the flea market. 
I wash them and remove the stems, leaving them on a cooling rack to dry.  Then I freeze them for smoothies!

Here is my general smoothie recipe (I never actually measure the ingredients, so this is a rough estimate):

4-5 heaping scoops of yogurt (I use a soup spoon)
2 scoops frozen juice concentrate (lately we have been using Welch’s grape juice, but any juice is fine)
handful of kale


about 1/2 cup of water
1/2 frozen banana
1 peeled carrot
handful frozen fruit* (mixed berries, strawberries, grapes, or whatever you have on hand)

*I use frozen fruit so that it makes the smoothie nice and icy without watering it down with ice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly