Wednesday, May 9, 2012

squash patties


                                What to do with all those summer squash? . . . Squash patties!!
                                       Here is my French Grandmother's recipe.
                           You are supposed to score the squash and dice it very fine, like this
DSC00141
but that takes lots of time when you're making a huge batch., so today I tried something different.
I cut the squash into quarters lengthwise, and then put it into the shredding disc of my food processor, and it turned out like this.  My mom would not approve of doing it this way, and I'll admit, hers are always better than mine, but this is SOO much faster when feeding a family of 7!
DSC00104

Then you drain the water from it by adding 1.5 tsp salt and stirring the squash while in a colander set over a bowl.

This is how much water I got out of my 4 1/2 zucchinis.
DSC00114

next, add flour (about 5 TBS)
DSC00115

Then add the basil and 2 scrambled eggs and some pepper
Fry them in oil on a griddle on high heat, about 3 minutes on each side (or until nice and brown).
DSC00142

Directions:
combine 4-5 medium zucchinis and 1 1/2 tsp salt and let it sit in a colander for about 30 minutes to drain excess water.
add 5 TBS flour
add 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil and pepper
add 2 eggs
Fry.

2 comments:

  1. that looks delicious! i might actually have to try and make that :)

    thanks for sharing..

    new follower, please stop on by:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do - they're so simple, but delicious!
    thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly