Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lunch quesadillas

DSC00147

  When you have kids, it is easy to get stuck in a rut with lunches- always making pbj or macaroni and cheese, or grilled cheese.

I’m not opposed to this by any means, because dinner is usually our meal where I get them to try new things.  I’m ok with doing something more “kid-friendly” for lunch, but at the same time, it sometimes gets a little boring.

When I don’t know what to have for lunch, a quesadilla is usually my standby because you can pretty much throw anything in it and it tastes great!

Today’s was extra delicious because the cherry tomatoes I had from Aldi were perfectly ripe (at least for this time of year).

I put cheddar cheese on 1 half and American on the other half, along with chopped spinach and tomatoes.  Red onions or chicken would have been a great addition to this as well.

DSC00145
 I cook these over medium heat, until nice and crispy, and then fold it in half.
DSC00146
Where I used to work, they would brush a little olive oil on top and sprinkle a little salt, pepper and garlic on the quesadilla.  This makes it extra yummy!  The following picture is one I made for dinner once with chicken, red peppers, onions, spinach and tomatoes.  There is also a little parmesan sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly